How iGive Works
(see also iGive Button - How It Works and Amazon - Special Instructions)
iGive is a free service to causes and members.
- iGive really is as simple as it sounds.
- iGive members can generate donations by shopping at any of our 1,400+ Stores.
- There are no costs, obligations, nor any hidden fees.
SHOPPING: When iGive members shop via our special links, an "iGive Cookie" is assigned to your browser. This tells the store, "Here is an iGive Member" using a meaningless member ID number. The store reports back with this number and the amounts for the donation to your cause. We never have access to any payment information.
- You don't need to enter any codes, notify the store, or iGive. It's all automatic!
Ways to Use iGive:
After using an iGive link to the store's website, you shop as you normally would. There are no extra steps, nor iGive notifications when making payments. The donations happen behind the scenes, and often the store's support teams are unaware of the iGive Affiliate Program.
NOTE: Use only iGive.com Deals & Coupons. The use of a non-iGive coupon will void the cause donation. We have direct feeds from the stores providing you with all the latest offers and savings. All other known exceptions are posted on the stores' detail page.
When you successfully link to an iGive store, a record of it is posted with your Store Visits.
After being reported to us, a record of your transactions can be reviewed under Stats.
- If you see your store visit there, then tracking is working, and each transaction you make will be reported for a donation to your cause! (you may need to refresh the page.)
- Normal reporting is within ten days after shipping (or after the travel booking end date), but some can take up to 30 days. Returns or In-store exchanges will generate a minus donation credit.
- There is a Missing Transaction Form should a transaction not get reported, or need correcting.
Create your own list of favorite stores under My Stores.
Known Technical Conflicts:
- The use of the protection software "Ad Block" and "Ghostery" will prevent iGive from working properly.
- Firefox Users on MAC - iGive.com will not work with Norton Identity Toolbar
CAUSES (Please Review: iGive Causes: Goals and Strategy and Cause Administration and When will my Cause get a check )
Donation Checks are mailed monthly. Every month, we calculate the funds due your cause based upon fundraising activities that happened approximately 75 days ago. That allows enough time for returns to be reported and for advertisers to pay us, so that we can pay your cause. You can always see how your cause is doing on the Cause Dashboard. Visit the Cause Toolbox for creative ways to promote your cause!
iGive began in 1997 and through word of mouth has grown to 350,000+ members supporting 50,000+ causes/charities who have raised over $7,000,000.
Shopping via iGive is essentially a store rebate program where iGive members have the opportunity to donate their rebate to their chosen cause. iGive receives compensation beyond the posted donation amounts, and many stores pay to advertise on our site. We manage with a streamlined overhead, and use of the best in automated systems to provide our members and causes with this free service.
Check out our Other Features